Verses of the Week: Psalm 29:3-9
- The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
- The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
- The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
- He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
- The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
- The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
Encouraging Thought: The voice of God displays His glory. The voice of God demonstrates His power. The voice of God shows how vulnerable we really are. No one likes to be weak or helpless or vulnerable, but if you don’t ever see your weakness, you won’t ever turn to God for strength. And if you never see your sinfulness, you’ll never turn to God for salvation.
Psalm 18:2-3 says, “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”
The voice of God reminds us of His strength and power – that He is worthy to be praised simply because He is God.
Words of Wisdom: The voice of the Lord is full of God’s power, might, majesty. and strength. Is there anything too hard for God? With His mighty voice…
- He spoke the worlds into existence. (Genesis 1:1)
- He brought light into a dark and empty world. (Genesis 1:3)
- He “divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament.” (Genesis 1:7)
- He calmed the sea. (Mark 4:39)
- He raised the dead. (Mark 5:38-42; John 11:41-44)
- He cleansed lepers. (Luke 17:12-14)
- He healed the sick. (Matt. 9:20-22)
Luke 1:37 says, “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
- His voice will encourage you.
- His voice will rebuke you.
- His voice will comfort you.
- His voice will strengthen you.
- His voice will guide you.
- His voice will empower you.
Trust the voice of God. He speaks clearly and boldly through His Word, through His Holy Spirit, and through His obedient servants.