We have all heard the phrase “a man of his word.” When someone is a man (or woman) of their word, we know that they always keep their word. They don’t have to declare, “I promise it’ll get done…” or “I swear I’ll pay you back…” If they give their word on something, it’s as good as done. And that’s the way of God.
Isaiah 55:11 says, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” God keeps His Word, and His Words are not empty. He will do exactly what He says He will do.
The Bible is God’s Word, and it’s full of promises. Titus 1:2 says, “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.”
Hebrews 10:23 reminds us, “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)”
The Bible says…
- That God cannot lie
- That He keeps His promises.
- That He’s faithful to do as He’s promised.
So, then, why don’t we believe Him? Why do we doubt His Word? In today’s language, we would say, “God is a Man of His Word.” That means that it’s as good as done. If He says it, He’ll do it. II Peter 1:4 says, “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
- I John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
- Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
- Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
- James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
- Revelation 20:11,12, & 15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works…And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
II Corinthians 7:1 says, “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”
And in Romans 3:4, it says, “…let God be true, but every man a liar…”
God keeps His promises. All of them! And He honors His Word. Every last one! For God is a Man of His Word. Therefore, the Bible is 100% trust worthy.