Verse of the Week: Matthew 28:18 “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.“
Encouraging Thought: We serve a mighty and all-powerful Christ. Is there anything that God can do that Jesus cannot do? No, because Jesus is God (John 1:1), the Creator of all things (John 1:3), the Son of God (I John 4:15), the Savior of the world (I John 4:14), our atonement for sin (I John 4:10). In John 10:17-18, Jesus said, “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”
Even when God sent Jesus to Earth to die for our sin (John 3:16-17), He still gave His Son the power to lay down His life and to raise Himself from the grave. God gave Jesus all power in heaven and in earth. Jesus has the power to control everything.
Words of Wisdom: People like power – to make their own decisions, to control or bully others. But these same people don’t like anyone to have power over them, particularly not the Lord Jesus. I’ve talked to many people who have told me, “I trust in God; not Jesus!” Yet Who gave all power unto Jesus? God!
He turned over to His Son…
- The Power to Judge: John 5:22 says, “For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.”
- The Power to Claim Possession of Everything: John 3:35 says, “The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.”
- The Power to Reign as Lord and Christ: Acts 2:36 says, “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
- The Power over all Flesh: John 17:2 says, “As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.”
- The Power of a Holy Name: Philippians 2:10-11 says, “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
That is why Jesus said in Matthew 28:18, “…All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” You can’t go wrong by trusting in Jesus.