Verse of the Week: Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”
Encouraging Thought: God was talking to Jeremiah, but the Bible is clear that God is no respecter of persons. Romans 2:11 says, “For there is no respect of persons with God.” That means that God has no favorites – what He does for one person, He’ll also do for you. And if He loves Jeremiah with an everlasting love – a love that will last forever – then He will also love you and me with that same kind of love. And because of that everlasting love, God draws us to Himself with loving kindness.
Words of Wisdom: God expects us to imitate Him in our thoughts, attitudes, and actions.
- In Perfection: Colossians 3:14 says, “And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.” Charity is the Bible word for love.
- In Holiness: I Peter 1:16 says, “Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”
- In Love: Ephesians 5:2 says, “And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.” That means to show love in everything you do.
If you strive to please God in all areas of your life, you will not only recognize His loving kindness toward you, displayed through His goodness and mercy, but His everlasting love will shine through your life, drawing others to Him due to His loving kindness.
His everlasting love will manifest itself:
- Through your forgiveness toward others: Ephesians 4:32 says, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”
- Through your thankfulness toward God: Colossians 3:17 says, “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
- Through your love for others: Galatians 5:13 says, “For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.”
Never forget I John 4:19. “We love him, because he first loved us.” Because He loves us, He draws us to Himself with His loving kindnesses. If we are to be like God, we must love like God. Let’s take His love to the world by way of our actions and attitudes.