Verse of the Week: Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.”
Encouraging Thought: Your feelings of safety and security come only from God’s peace. The peace of God allows you to rest in the assurance of His security, whether you are at work, at play, or preparing to go to bed. And the only place you will find that peace is in the Lord.
Psalm. 29:11 says, “The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.”
Jesus said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) Only the Lord brings peace into our lives.
Words of Wisdom: But where does God’s peace come from? How do we acquire it?
Through the Holy Spirit of God…
- Romans 14:17 “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
- Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace…”
By allowing God to influence our thoughts and actions by His Word…
- Romans 8:6 “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
- Isaiah 54:13 “And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.”
From God Himself…
- II Thessalonians 3:16 “Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.”
- I Thessalonians 5:23 “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly…”
We serve a God of peace, who desires that His children be filled with His peace. So despite a world filled with tribulation and turmoil “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.”