Verse of the Week: Ephesians 5:20 “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Encouraging Thought: God is so good to us. Not only did He give us life, but after mankind sinned and died spiritually, He then provided for our salvation to restore our fellowship to Him. If that was all God ever did for us, we have enough to be thankful for all eternity. That’s how long we’ll be spared from hell. However, Psalm 68:19 says, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.” That’s why Ephesians 5:20 says, “Giving thanks always for all things…” God’s children have a lot to be thankful for because God surrounds us with His goodness. And there’s good in every circumstance that faces us. Sometimes you have to look for it, and sometimes it’s obvious. But it’s always there.
Words of Wisdom: Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” If you obey God in all things, He works all circumstances for your good and His glory. That’s why we can give Him thanks “always for all things.”
- You wreck your brand new car, but no one is injured.
- You lose everything in a fire, but your children escape.
- You lose your child to a terminal illness, but you have the assurance he’s now with the Lord.
- Your spouse dies suddenly, allowing God to teach you to lean on Him for support and strength.
- You lose your good-paying job, but God is teaching you to trust Him and in due time He gives you a better job than the one you lost.
The circumstances might change from family to family, but God’s grace and mercy never change. Neither does His goodness. Psalm 33:5 says, “He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.” God’s goodness goes with us everywhere. Therefore, we’re to give thanks “always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”