Verses of the Week: Romans 14:23 “And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”
Encouraging Thought: Our faith pleases God.
- To believe that God honors His Word…
- To trust Him no matter what happens…
- To have confidence in His love toward us…
- To know that He cannot lie or make a mistake.
For He is God, the one and only, true and living God. I Corinthians 8:6 says, “But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” According to Ephesians 4:6, there is “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” How can we not trust One who is so trustworthy? The Creator of all living? (John 1:3) If we can place our trust in a fallible person or a man-made product, how much more trustworthy is God Almighty, the infallible One?
Words of Wisdom: To be damned means to be condemned to the everlasting punishment of the wicked. In Romans 14:14 Paul says, “I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.” If you think that something is wrong, then it’s a sin for you to partake in it, “for whatsoever is not of faith is sin,” regardless of what it is.
- Without faith, you can’t be saved. (Ephesians 2:8)
- Without faith, your prayers won’t be answered. (Mark 11:24)
- Without faith, you don’t obey God. (Hebrews 5:9)
- Without faith, you’re at the devil’s mercy. (Ephesians 6:16)
- Without faith you cannot please God. (Hebrews 11:6)
“And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”